RAGA Dental Center for Implants & Laser
Dr Baskaran has been performing laser dentistry since 2009. Our office has a Water Lase - MD Turbo. This versatile device performs a host of both tooth and soft tissue procedures, often times with no need for local anesthesia. It contains both an ER:Yag and Nd:Yag laser. This laser lacks the heat and vibLaser!ration of the dental drill so many fillings can be done without anesthesia. For soft tissue procedures it often eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster due to wound sterilization and the atraumatic effect of the laser oLaser !n surrounding tissues.
We also use lasers to diagnose cavities. The Diagnodent machine uses laser fluorescence to find hidden decay in teeth at the earliest stages. Small lesions are found much sooner than if traditional instrument methods are used allowing for much less invasive fillings. Decay can also be identified so early that it can be reversed through hygiene, diet, and fluoride measures such that it may never need a filling.
TA number of procedures can be performed including...
- All classes of dental fillings. It's only limitation is that it can not remove old silver amalgam.
- Laser periodontal surgery: no scalpels, sutures, or post operative pain
- Smile improvements, i.e. gum sculpting that lengthens teeth due to oversized gingiva
- Gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, crown lengthening, and other gum corrections
- Root canals using the innovative PIPS procedure (Photon Induced Photoacoustic Streaming)
- Removal of oral lesions such as fibromas or pappilomas, usually with topical anesthesia only
- Excisional and incisional biopsies
- Frenectomy ("tongue-tie" release, orthodontic or periodontal indications) without anesthesia or sutures
- Pediatric procedures. The lack of needles or drills is a huge plus for kids.
- Cold sore treatments
- Apthous Ulcer ("canker sore" ) treatments
- Treatment of minor mouth and gum irritations
Advantages dental lasers include...
- Often no drill or needle for fillings.
- No needle for many soft tissue procedures
- Increased bond strength for fillings
- Reduced post op sensitivity with fillings
- Thorough disinfection of tooth prior to filling placement
- Treat kids with no needle or drill
- More rapid healing and reduced pain after soft tissue procedures
- Drug free cold sore and apthous ulcer treatments with immediate pain relief and healing within two to three days
- Excellent adjunct to crown and bridge work for improved gingival health and more accurate impression