Dr. R. Baskaran,
Director & Chief Consultant
Dr. Baskaran is a dental surgeon and founder of Raga Dental located in the South part of India, Thanjavur. He has been practicing there since 2000. Dr. Baskaran designed the “state of the art” dental facility with maximum efficiency and patient comfort in mind. He remains dedicated to constantly updating his skills, techniques, and equipment through on-going education and international conferences.
Dr. Baskaran is a graduate of Annamalai University and Masters in Oral Implantology in the world-renowned New York University. He also completed a hands-on training course on Bone Regeneration by Dr. Istvan Urban in Budapest, in Hungary. He participated in extensive medical and dental training which helped hone his surgical skills and expand his medical/dental knowledge.
Dr. Baskaran is a 1st generation Dental surgeon with entrepreneurship skills from the renowned family from the Heritage city, Thanjavur. He started his dental practice in 2000 as Sri Ragavendra Oral Clinic in the Heart of City. By the year 2011, He was the first to Introduce Laser Dentistry in the Region. By the Year 2016, He had Started South India’s 1st World-class Dental Clinic with a High-tech and recent Technology dental center in the name of Raga Dental. Its main focus to give the World-class Digital Implant in the affordable way.
● Completed hands-on training course on Bone Regeneration by Dr. Istvan Urban in Budapest, Hungary – 2019
● Masters in Oral Implantology in DACE academy associated with Newyork University (USA) – 2019
● Attended Dental XP global symposium, Miami, USA – 2019
● Attended Digital Implant global symposium in South Korea – 2019
● Finished training on Biomimetic restorative dentistry – 2015
● Cortical Implantology in 2013
● Diplomate in laser at World clinical laser institute (USA) – 2011
● Diode laser course in 2009
● Fellowship in Implantology in 2008
● Bachelor of Dental surgery, Annamalai University – 1997
We initially started this practice in the year of 2000 in 10*10 sized room. Later in 2016 we expanded this clinic into a 3-storey building, with 2 floors allocated only for dental practice with In-house solution for digital dentistry over an area of 4000 sq.ft. We started incorporating ‘Digital dentistry’ in the year 2017 through state of the art dental equipments such as CAD-CAM Milling machine (Ceramill – Motion 2), 3D Printers, Trios 3 shape – Intra-oral scanners, CBCT, Waterlase Biolase MD, Siro Blulase (Dentsply Sirona)